Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Sunday, August 30, 2015

Some recent layouts....

Happy Sunday guys. Hope your weekend was fun and creative. I'm here to share two layouts that I created from one sketch. I love how sketches not only provide a good jump start to a layout but if it's rotated or flipped, you can create multiple pages without them looking identical to one another. The two layouts I made were inspired by this sketch from Scrapbook challenges blog...

 In this first one, I flipped it 90 degrees as I wanted the title to go on the top. I was originally going to do it the way the sketch had it but my pictures looked tiny when lined up on the left side. I angled them a little so that they can show the movement of the bike activity.

 I had a project life 4x6 card that had gold foiled arrows on them and instead of using the whole sheet, I cut it out and added just the arrows on my layout.

The layout didn't really have much journaling in it other than what we see in the photo so I opted with a small handwriting of the event instead of a long story.

I used a vellum piece over my busy pattern paper to make the long title stand out even more.

With this layout, I turned the sketch making the long title block on the bottom and the three photos on the top. I also made the sketch my own by opting to move the title in the center of my two photos and leaving the bottom blank with a bold pattern paper and cut out vellum flowers on the side.

I used another project life card in this page. It housed my title and labels with handwritten journaling.
I used an old Dear Lizzy vellum and fussy cut the flowers and then added some enamel dots on some of the centers.

I'm trying to use up a sheet of quote stickers from Cosmo Cricket and I used three of them here on this page.

There you have it. Hope this inspired you to grab a sketch and make it your own.

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: