Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"Gender Reveal" layout

Hello my crafty friends. Happy 'hump' day. Today I'm sharing a page inspired by one of the latest sketches over at the Sketch N Scrap blog. 

I liked the banner strips on the sketch, It was the perfect accent to use some of my scrap papers. I have been busy working on my third child's baby album. So you might be seeing lots of baby themed pages in my blog for the next few posts. *wink*

I had put together a kit a while back before I started on my baby album. I'm almost out of a lot of items so I used two different letters for my title. In my publishing days, I would not have done this, but since I'm now scrapbooking solely on preserving memories for my family, I went with it. Something about the "hodge podge" look of the letters is kinda cool and refreshing in my eyes.

I decided to add the pen stitched circle accents a little higher on my page (versus on the sketch) to accommodate my larger photos. I also made the third photo (on the far right) overlap with the other two, again because my pictures were larger in size.

I added some stickers and the 'boy' accent is a cut out from paper.

I added some pen lines and then handwritten my journaling. I actually video taped my children during this "gender reveal" event and I plan to burn that on a CD and then add it to the back of this page for a memorabilia.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

6 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

What a fun page! Love your pen work and your title work! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

blbabe1234 said...

Your mix of alphas is wonderful! Great shots too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

M said...

WOW!!! Awesome layout!! Love your photos and the mix of papers and embellishments :)Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Karen said...

Love,love, love the layout! Love the colors and patterns and definitely loved the mixed of alphabets! :) Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Unknown said...

How cool! I love the photos and your journaling too! And the way you used that striped washi tape is great! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

Great layout! Love the gender reveal idea! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama